Saturday, August 1, 2009

Farmer's Market


Today we went to the farmer's market. We got there early enough that it wasn't super hot yet, which was really nice. We mostly just wandered around
a bit and people watched. We got a few things (some sunflower sprouts and oyster mushrooms, which I am going to use in a soup today), and kicked it in the grass for a bit. I guess I wasn't quite awake enough to think about taking many pictures (I really shouldn't be expected to do anything before I have coffee), but here are a few of the ones I did take.













The park that the market is in. There is another on Saturday mornings that I suspect is bigger, but it's in a parking lot, so I think I prefer this one.


Simon eating a delicious fresh almond chocolate pastry! I could eat those every day!













'Lil old ladies in 'lil old lady clothes. They were singing along to a little mariachi group that was there. They were ok - they were having a lot of fun and the lead singer was hilarious! She would throw her head and shoulders back and just bellow into the sky like she was trying to wake the neighbors. All in all, we had a nice relaxing morning at the market. I will post later with the results of my oyster mushroom soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment